Update 2: Friday 18 January 2013 1:42PM
And the randomly selected winner is… Philip Malherbe!
Philip stated in his comment that he “would love to try [his] hand at black and white film photography” in 2013. Congratulations Philip, with the Holga 35mm you’ll be able to shoot plenty of black and white film this year!
Once again, big thanks to everyone else that commented – we hope you all manage to achieve your photographic goals in 2013!
Update 1: Friday 18 January 2013 12PM
The competition is now closed! Thanks for all the comments, the winner will be selected and announced soon.
Hi everyone, it’s time for another great Orms Connect giveaway. This month, we’ve got a fantastic Holga 35mm film camera to give to one lucky winner!
Like its older sibling, it has an all plastic lens, two shutter settings, and two aperture settings. Its advance and shutter are uncoupled meaning that you can shoot unlimited multiple exposures on the same frame. Its images are dripping with color, contrast, a slight softness, and a whole lotta soul. For that classic Holga look, with the ease of 35mm film development, this guy cant be beat.
- Plastic 48mm f/8 Lens – Great colours and contrast for that Lomography look.
- Uncoupled Advance and Shutter – Perfect for multiple-exposures.
- Variable Shutter Speeds and Aperture
- Zone Focus – Easy and quick manual focusing
- Standard Tripod & Shutter Release Threads
- Standard Hotshoe
- Normal 35mm processing – Simply drop the film off at Orms when you’re done.
“What new style, genre or technique would you like to try or experience in 2013?”
- The competition is open to all South African residents, 18 or older.
- The winner will be selected randomly, and will need to be a fan of Orms Direct on Facebook or follow @OrmsDirect on Twitter.
- Only one comment/entry per person will count. If you leave more than one comment, it will only count as one entry.
- No exchanges or returns available – the prize is awarded as is.
- The colour of the prize may vary from the photos.
- Competition closes Friday 18 January 2013 at 12:00 PM.
Please note: We make use of Random.org to randomly generate a number corresponding to the eventual winner’s comment. We run the number generator once – the first number is the winner. All comments get checked for duplicates. The nature of this random system ensures that everyone has a fair chance of winning, which is very important to us. If you post under an anonymous nickname, we will attempt to maintain your anonymity.
This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook.